Monday, October 16, 2006

Dear Diary

I wrote a poem this morning
and posted it hurriedly
on three poetry boards
including one on my own blog: Hamburger Mill

My friend Mark Mussolini
would be first to comment as usual:
A lovely poem, dude!

My other friend Ron
who is a bartender at Yesterday's
would be next to respond:
This has to be one of your finest, brooks!

My aunt Lucy is always eloquent
She would say something like:
Lovely poem, but I don't know what it means.


My ardent critic Peter Piper
will come up with a statement:
A typical Bharat Trivedi poem
that lacks imagination, social consciousness,
and it's totally devoid of any creativity whatsoever!

Before the day is done
I will thank each one individually
saying the same thing:
It's so nice of you to read my poem and comment.

Late night
I will hold my lucky pen and
write down the poem in my diary
very meticulously.

2 comments:

None said...

Late night
I will hold my lucky pen and
write down the poem in my diary
very meticulously.


The diary preserves it without making any fuss for the right hand to open it over the years ....

Sejal Shah said...

Good one mama.. :)

Sejal